There is plenty of room at the top but there is no room to sit down. There is no shortcut to success. Consistent labour leads to success.
- N. Webster worked continuously for 30 years on compilation of the first English Dictionary in the world.
- John Wancraft worked continuously for 23 years and wrote History of America.
- Gibbon worked continuously for 20 years on the book “Fall of Roman Empire”.
- James Watt worked continuously for 20 years on invention of Steam Engine.
- George Stephans worked continuously for 15 years on improvement of Rail Engine.
- William Harvey studied continuously for 8 years on the blood circulation system.
- Victor Hugo did not change his clothes till the completion of his famous novel “Notre Dam the Paris”.
- Alexander Duma wrote every day for 18 hours for 40 years.
- Muhammad Gazni invaded India for 17 times till he got success.
- Tolstoy wrote “War and Peace” 80 times before giving it for publication.
- Vivekanand slept for only two hours a day during his Sadhana period.
- Dr. Radhakrishnan read for 18 hours daily, when he was in U.S.S.R.
- Mrs. Indira Gandhi delivered 64 speeches in a day during 1980 Election. She did not get time for snacks.
- Harry Tauder a Scottish comedian practised one song for 10,000 times.
Ask yourself : how much effort are you putting in ?